How to make bolder decisions with less gut feelings
No matter what size or at what stage your organisation is, no matter what kind of decision, problem, or opportunity you face, there's probably a way for Pro Bono Operational Research (O.R.) to help.
O.R. consistently delivers significant value – strategic to tactical, top-line to bottom-line – to the organisations and executives who use it. Benefits from O.R. include:
- Business insight: Providing quantitative and business insight into complex problems.
- Business performance: Improving business performance by embedding model-driven intelligence into an organisation’s information systems to improve decision making.
- Cost reduction: Finding new opportunities to decrease cost or investment.
- Decision making: Assessing the likely outcomes of decision alternatives and uncovering better alternatives.
- Forecasting: Providing a better basis for more accurate forecasting and planning.
- Improved scheduling: Efficiently scheduling staff, equipment, events, and more.
- Planning: Applying quantitative techniques to support operations, tactical planning, and strategic planning.
- Pricing: Dynamically pricing products and services.
- Productivity: Helping organisations find ways to make processes and people more productive.
- Profits: Increasing revenue or return on investment; increasing market share.
- Quality: Improving quality as well as quantifying and balancing qualitative considerations.
- Recovery: Gaining greater control and achieving turn-around.
- Resources: Gaining greater utilisation from limited equipment, facilities, money, and personnel.
- Risk: Measuring risk quantitatively and uncovering factors critical to managing and reducing risk.
- Throughput: Increasing speed or throughput and decreasing delays.
Here is what a few of the organisations who’ve received Pro Bono support had to say:
Crimestoppers: ‘We’ve benefited hugely from your work and support in all areas of the project, and from an organisational perspective you’ve enabled us to take a highly professional approach to increasing the efficiency of our charity.’ (Performance Manager)
Participle: ‘I have just started to digest the work you did for us and wanted to say a huge thank you. This will be so critical to our growth and I am very grateful indeed for your time and expertise. The team have described you as "a joy to work with”.’ (Principle Partner)
The Cardinal Hume Centre “We valued the opportunity to work collaboratively and without doubt benefited from the analyst’s expertise and commitment to the project.” (Operations Director)
We currently have three projects underway with the RSPCA, Work for Us and Harrogate & Ripon Centres for Voluntary Service and a further project about to commence. We have 60 volunteers across the UK who are currently available to work on projects. This puts us in a great position to offer Pro Bono O.R. the third sector organisations across the UK.
For more information please see my webpage, blog, twitter or LinkedIn page.