We currently have over 100 volunteers across the UK but with Pro Bono O.R. gaining more momentum we need more volunteers to be able to take on more projects. Could you help?
It is a really exciting venture to be a part of and to see how O.R. can really benefit third sector organisation.
The aim of OR Pro Bono
· To help third sector organisations to do a better job, impacting upon desired outcomes, and build capacity by using the skills of volunteer O.R. analysts and consultants both established and student.
· To promote awareness and understanding of the benefits of O.R. across the third sector and to wider audiences.
· To give O.R. analysts an opportunity to practise in a wider arena and develop their knowledge and skills.
The role of a volunteer:
· Work with potential users to specify projects;
· Undertake projects, either individually or in teams;
· Write up and/or present their work wherever appropriate;
· Mentor junior volunteers who need help
Requirements to become of volunteer:
· Member of The OR Society Or,
· Studying in HE and with Tutor endorsement for the project? Or,
· Min 1st degree in O.R. related subject? Or,
· Practitioner with a track record? Or,
· The OR Society accreditation? Or,
· Part of the O.R. Community
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, send an email to email@example.com or visit http://www.theorsociety.com/Pages/Probono/Probono.aspx
Please connect with me on LinkedIn (Felicity McLeister) and Twitter (@FMcLeister) for all the latest information.